Thursday, December 29, 2005

Domestic Boot Camp

We are in the throes of practicing our basic domestic survival skills, as our vacuum cleaner died right before Christmas, and dishwasher died on Christmas Day. What are the chances?

I have learned that a family of seven makes a lot of dirty dishes, enough that the counter can be completely covered between official meals. Fortunately, most of the children have had a good attitude about pitching in. Usually one child has dish duty at dinner time, but they have each been taking a turn and doing a fourth of the dinner dishes--there are so many! New dishwasher is due first thing Saturday morning.

As for the floors, the Composer is v. handy with a broom. And our new vacuum came by UPS today. Tomorrow we will be clean again.

1 comment:

Julie said...

OH NO! I had a dream the night before Christmas Eve that my vaccum cleaner and dishwasher died. It was my first year hosting Christmas for the family at my house and I was devestated. Fortunatly everything went off without a hitch!
Happy Cleaning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails