Saturday, February 04, 2006

Quilts


A small section of the quilts on the back hall shelves--all three of these were vintage tops that I found already pieced in antique stores, brought home and layered with batting and a back, and then quilted by hand. The middle one that looks like a solid pale green has appliqued butterflies made out of silk scraps on it and is wonderful but fragile. The other two are in common use. I haven't been quilting much lately, mostly because I have too many quilts! I credit my grandmother with teaching me how and making me think it a normal part of everyone's life.

1 comment:

The Family said...

How pretty. My mom just took a quilting class but is afraid to do any handquilting. She has to wait until next month to get her quilts...well quilted. She did however bring home a quilt for me from Alabama that my great aunt hand quilted. I have a pic of it on my new blog.
Homeschoolblogger.com/happyhomemaker25

Julie

Related Posts with Thumbnails