Monday, March 27, 2006

Schoolhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been making these cookies for many, many years, ever since I was a little girl working from a recipe card that said "Dubble" at the top (my oldest sister: not that great a speller). These are the cookies that invariably filled my Nanny's cookie jar; mine are good but never quite so good as the ones she always had on her countertop.

*Schoolhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies*

Mix:
2 c. flour
1 t. soda
1 t. salt

Blend in:
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. shortening

Add:
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
between a half and a whole bag of chocolate chips--I like lots!

Bake at 375 on an ungreased cookie sheet, but don't brown--I take them out as soon as they've lost their shininess but are not brown yet. I like to make these in my stand mixer and "Dubble", or even "Tripple" the recipe.

1 comment:

MrsSM said...

I sure do enjoy your recipes and sewing projects, sprinkled with your humor--LOVE the humor;-)!

Krista

Related Posts with Thumbnails